Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sovereignty.

Here it is, lately i've struggled greatly with being single. Its something that i've always struggled with, but lately more than ever. I am, and always have been, a hopeless romantic...but for some reason, it seems that everyone has someone -- except me. I've been so bothered by this, that i've actually found myself almost lowering my standards in a guy, just to have someone. But, in church today, Dan preached on how we need to struggle through things, instead of taking the easy way out. I realized, that my lowering standards was my way of taking the easy way out...and that i need to keep my standards high, because it will benefit me in the end. The irony of this whole thing really overwhelmed me today. I had just been thinking and praying about it this morning, and then i show up at church and the sermon hit home like crazy. Sometimes, God's sovereignty takes my breath away. I can't stop thanking Him for helping keep me from making a decision that i would regret. Im sure i'll still struggle with this for a while...but at least now i know that God won't let me down, and that when im being an idiot, He'll hit me on the head with an awesome sermon. =] God is good! mmmkay -- Peace Out Girls Scouts.

"I don't doubt your sovereignty, i doubt my own ability to hear what you're saying and to do the right thing, and i desperately want to do the right thing. But right now i dont hear so well and I was wondering if you could speak up. I know that you tore the veil so i could sit with you in person and hear what you're saying but right now, i think you're whispering...And somewhere in the back of my mind i think you are telling me to wait, and though patience has never been mine -- Lord I will wait to hear from You."

--Sara Groves


No comments: