Thursday, March 6, 2008

exhaustion at its fullest....

So, here i am again....procrastinating doing my homework...at 10:30 at night...oops.
Anyways, i got to thinking tonight, which can be dangerous. I never really realized just how great of a life i have. I realize that i have it so much better than starving kids in africa, or orphaned kids in china, but i have it significantly better than people here in my own town even. As i was waiting for 9:00 to come around at work tonight, a woman who often comes in drunk, came to my register. I sat there, counting out $1.20 in beer cans, and i realized that something crazy must have happened to this woman, for her to depend on alcohol so much to get herself through her day. She began to tell me about her life, and though i could understand little of it through the slurring and the cussing, i saw a sadness in her eyes that i had never cared to see before. This woman shared with me so much stuff about her life, and i so badly wanted to pray for her right then and there....but she probably wouldnt have liked it, and i would have gotten fired. Id rather not die on that hill. But anyways...i realized that i have nothing to complain about. Lately, ive struggled with feeling apathetic to just about everything in my life. Im never content with where im at, and just dont really care about anything. But as i listened to this woman speak, God showed me that i have so much compared to this woman. She is middle aged, and quite an alcoholic...and that's how her life is going to be. I however, am young, i can still make life changing decisions...if i take the chance to really care about whats going to happen with me in the future.

--yeah.

No comments: